Your order is in good hands with us. After you place your order
with South Street
Digital, our printing experts run your order through our 20-point quality checklist.
- Text and image safety: You don´t want your text or images to get cut off, do you?
We make sure your text and images are within the safety lines.
- Bleeds: We ensure that all your artwork is placed up to the bleed line and cut
line to ensure proper cutting.
- Size: Size matters! We want to make sure that your image fits the size you selected
for your printed piece.
- Resolution: We want to help you keep your resolutions. In order to make sure
your printed piece looks its best, your image needs to be at least 300 DPI
(dots per inch).
- Borders: We inspect the borders on your printed pieces, which should be at least
1/4-inch thick, plus 1/8-inch bleed for a total size of 3/8-inch thick.
- Colors options: We offer 4/4 (four color front, four color back), 4/1 (four
color front, one color back), and 4/0 (four color front and blank black). We inspect your printed
piece and make sure it´s printing with the correct color options.
- Double crop marks: Don´t double up! You do not need to use crop marks
when printing; however, if you do, our prepress experts make sure your
image is centered and cover the crop marks so they do not show up on your final image.
- Key lines (also known as holding lines): The key to key lines is you
shouldn´t see them. We check to ensure that there are no key lines showing in
your printed piece.
- Rich Black: When you want an area of solid black within a document, 100%
Black (K) will not result in a solid, saturated black. You should use Rich Black,
which is made by mixing other colors of ink with black ink to produce a much darker,
deeper black on press than can be achieved by using black ink alone. To create rich
black on pieces printed, your CMYK calibration values must be 50% Cyan
(C), 40% Magenta (M), 40% Yellow (Y), and 100% Black (K).
- Drop outs: Don´t be a drop out! We review your piece for faded or
eliminated color and copy, unless it is by design.
- Watermarks: We inspect your printed piece for watermarks, which is a
translucent logo in paper usually created to prevent counterfeiting.
- Illegal images: It´s OK for design to push the envelope, but it shouldn´t
break the law. South Street Digital is unable to print sexually or violently explicit
- Orientation: We assume you want all your images to face in the correct
direction, and not upside-down or backwards, so we check for that as well, unless it is by
- Perforation/score safety: We check for proper perforation and score
- Hole drill: Drill, baby, drill. For products such as booklets, door hangers,
etc., we check for proper hole placement.
- Indicia: If your printed piece is being mailed, we check for a correct
- Mailing area: We make sure that your direct mail
products include a mailing area that falls within USPS guidelines.
- Image centered: We don´t want our customers to suffer from an image
problem. We check that your image is centered properly so your printed piece looks
just the way you want it.
- FPO provided: What kind of place is this? If you are printing a die-cut
or foil-stamped piece, or if you printed a piece with hold drilling, scoring or a
perforation, we look for your "For Placement Only" file for printing.
- Final Read Over: We give your project one final read over before we print and
before we ship or deliver it to you.